Billie Eilish loses cool points for criticizing rap music

Billie Eilish performs onstage during the 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on January 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.Getty Images for The Recording A

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Following her big night at the Grammys and, frankly, even before then, Billie Eilish has proven herself the hottest pop star on the planet. But she may have lost some serious cool points with her recent Vogue cover story.

In the story, Eilish makes a statement about some rap music being a lie:

“There’s a difference between lying in a song and writing a story. There are tons of songs where people are just lying. There’s a lot of that in rap right now, from people that I know who rap. It’s like, ‘I got my AK-47, and I’m f****n’ . . .’ and I’m like, what? You don’t have a gun. ‘And all my b*****s. . . .’ I’m like, which b****s? That’s posturing, and that’s not what I’m doing.”

No comments