Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian & other celebrity moms who ate their own placentas

January Jones and other celebrity moms who ate their own placentas

Celebrity moms are all over this placenta-eating trend! Proponents of the trend believe that consuming this nutrient-rich organ helps prevent postpartum depression, boosts energy levels and increases breast-milk production.
See list below;

Kim Kardashian
“Yummy…PLACENTA pills! No joke…I will be sad when my placenta pills run out. They are life changing! #benefits #lookitup,” the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star captioned a January 2015 Instagram.
kourtney-kardashian
Credit: Taylor Hill/FilmMagic

Kim Kardashian
“Every time I take a pill, I feel a surge of energy and feel really healthy and good. I totally recommend it for anyone considering it,” the reality star and mother of two wrote on her blog in December 2015.
kim-kardashian
Credit: Allen Berezovsky/WireImage

January Jones
The Mad Men actress has revealed that eating her placenta helped prevent postpartum depression. “It’s something I was very hesitant about, but we’re the only mammals who don’t ingest our own placentas,” the mother of Xander Dane Jones, said. “It’s not witch-crafty or anything! I suggest it to all moms!”
january-jones
Credit: FOX via Getty Images

Padma Lakshmi
Lakshmi revealed in her memoir Love, Loss, and What We Ate that she had her placenta powdered and encapsulated in pill form after the birth of her daughter, Krishna, because she feared postpartum depression. Wrote the Top Chef host: “I would have done anything to defend myself against collapsing from stress and fatigue and succumbing to the postpartum depression I was so afraid would beset me.”
padma-lakshmi
Credit: J. Countess/Getty Images

Kailyn Lowry
kailyn-lowry
The Teen Moms 2 reality star took to Twitter to share her positive experience with her placenta pills. “For those wondering, I’m feeling pretty good so far taking my placenta pills,” Lowry tweeted in November 2013.
Credit: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images

Mayim Bialik
mayim-bialik
“Human beings are the only mammals that have chosen to not routinely ingest their placenta, which is consumed by every other mammal for its protein and iron-rich properties that are critical in helping the mother’s body recuperate after giving birth,” the Big Bang Theory star wrote in a March 2012 blog post. “End of story.”
Credit: David Livingston/Getty Images
Kim Zolciak
Zolciak — and her husband, Kroy Biermann — drank a placenta smoothie on the season 3 premiere of Don’t Be Tardy. “Dr. Hood has really scared the s–t outta me with this whole postpartum depression, especially with twins because your levels are through the roof and my friend told me eating your placenta can help with that,” she said on the show. “I can do anything by my babies.”
kim-zolciak
Credit: Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Gaby Hoffman
“I made smoothies out of it for three weeks,” Hoffman said in a January 2015 interview. “I had a home birth, so my midwife and my doula took it and cut it up into 20 pieces and froze it, and every day, I put it in a blender with strawberries and blueberries and guava juice and a banana.”

gaby-hoffman
Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images for Turner

Samantha Bee
“For me, it was like taking a megadose of iron, except in this case, the iron was generated by me, in my very own miraculous human body! What could be better?” the Full Frontal With Samantha Bee host revealed in an interview with Babble. “I wouldn’t take one every day or anything, as they do make me feel ever-so-slightly jittery, but they are there for when I need them, and that comforts me.”
samantha-bee
Credit: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic

Alicia Silverstone
“It got to the point that my husband said, ‘Did you have your happy pills today?’ And I was really sad when they were gone. It really helped me,” the Clueless actress wrote in her parenting book The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning.
alicia-silverstone
Credit: C Flanigan/Getty Images

Tamera Mowry
On the season 2 finale of Tia & Tamera, Mowry showcased her liquefied placenta by having her twin sister, Tia, try it — and she actually thought it tasted good!
tamera-mowry
Credit: Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images

No comments